No one likes a smelly house. But if you have fish, the smell can be hard to get rid of. In this article, we’ll share some tips on how to get rid of fish smell in your house. From using air fresheners to keeping your kitchen clean, these tips will help you enjoy your fish without the smell.
How to get rid of fishy smell from cooking
If you’re cooking fish and notice a strong fishy smell, don’t worry – it’s totally normal.Fish naturally contains a compound called trimethylamine oxide (TMAO), which breaks down into trimethylamine (TMA) when the fish is cooked. TMA is what gives fish its characteristic odor.
There are a few simple things you can do to reduce the fishy smell while cooking:
– Rinse the fish with cold water before cooking. This will help to remove any surface bacteria that may be causing the odor.
– Soak the fish in milk for 30 minutes before cooking. This will help to neutralize the TMAO.
– Add aromatic ingredients to your recipe, such as lemon, garlic, or ginger. These can help to mask the fishy smell.
If you’re still concerned about the smell, consider steaming or baking your fish instead of frying it. These methods of cooking are less likely to cause an intense fishy smell.
How to remove the smell of fish from your home
1. Open all the doors and windows to air out your house.
2. Place a bowl of vinegar or a fresh lemon in each room.
3. Boil water in a pot on the stove, then add rosemary sprigs or citrus peels to the water. Allow the mixture to simmer for 30 minutes.
4. Fill several bowls with uncooked rice and place them around your home.
5. Leave opened boxes of baking soda in each room overnight.
How to avoid fishy smells in the future
To avoid fishy smells in the future, take care to:
-Rinse your fish thoroughly before cooking
-Cook fish properly – avoid under or overcooking
-Store fish in a well-sealed container in the fridge
-Discard any fish that has started to smell bad
If you have a fishy smell in your house, the best way to get rid of it is to identify the source and clean it up. You may also need to ventilate the area or use an air freshener to help remove the odor. Be sure to wash your hands after handling any fish or seafood, and cook it thoroughly before eating to avoid food poisoning.