How to Make Crunchy Fried Shrimp
1 lb. large shrimp, peeled & deveined
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup hot sauce
1/2 cup cornstarch
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
vegetable oil, for frying
1. Preheat a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat and add enough oil to coat the bottom.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, garlic powder, paprika, salt, and black pepper.
3. In another bowl, whisk together the milk and hot sauce.
4. In a third bowl, whisk together the cornstarch and baking soda.
5. Dredge the shrimp in the flour mixture, then dip in the milk mixture, and finally coat in the cornstarch mixture.
6. Carefully add the shrimp to the hot oil and fry for 2-3 minutes, or until golden brown and cooked through.
7. Serve immediately with your favorite dipping sauce.
What You’ll Need
To make crunchy fried shrimp, you’ll need:
– 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
– 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
– 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
– 1/4 teaspoon salt
– 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
– 1/2 cup milk
– 1 egg
– 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
– Vegetable oil, for frying
First, you’ll need to mix together the flour, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, salt, and black pepper in a bowl. In another bowl, whisk together the milk and egg.
Then, you’ll need to dip each shrimp in the flour mixture, then the milk mixture, and then back in the flour mixture.
Once all of the shrimp are coated, heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp to the hot oil and cook for 2-3 minutes per side, or until golden brown and cooked through.
Serve immediately with your favorite dipping sauce. Enjoy!
Steps to Follow
“3 Steps to Follow when Making Crunchy Fried Shrimp”
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set it aside.
2. In a large bowl, combine the cornstarch, salt, and pepper.
3. Place the shrimp in the bowl and toss to coat.
4. In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat.
5. Add the shrimp to the skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes per side, or until golden brown and cooked through.
6. Remove the shrimp from the skillet and place them on the prepared baking sheet.
7. Bake for 5 minutes, or until crispy.
8. Serve with your favorite dipping sauce and enjoy!
Enjoy Your Delicious Fried Shrimp!
Crunchy Fried Shrimp
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
1/4 teaspoon dried basil
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 large egg
1 tablespoon milk
1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
2. Combine baking soda, salt, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, black pepper, thyme, basil, and oregano; set aside.
3. Place flour in a shallow dish. Beat egg and milk in another shallow dish.
4. Dip shrimp in flour mixture, then shake off excess. Dip in egg mixture, then coat with flour mixture again.
5. Heat oil in a large ovenproof skillet over high heat. Add shrimp to pan; cook for 2 minutes or until shrimp turn pink.
6. Transfer skillet to oven; roast for 3 minutes or until shrimp are cooked through.
7. Serve shrimp with your favorite dipping sauce.
Enjoy your delicious fried shrimp! These shrimp are coated in a mixture of flour, spices, and egg, then fried until crispy. Serve them with your favorite dipping sauce for a perfect appetizer or main dish.